In 2017, Nina DOROUSHI designed her first latex dress and it was this Persian Calligraphy midi dress. A classic Pencil shape in a translucent flesh tone with laser cut calligraphic letters that read “I am the fire that lives only in the rain” an empowering quote by Sufi mystic and poet, Rumi that was statement of courage and resilience against sexual shaming towards women.
- Latex is extremely delicate and highly reactive to metal, sunlight, jewellery, natural oils, lotions and perfume.
- The garment will arrive with a non-residue adhesive, reusable transparent vinyl film that covers the metal spinal buttons. It acts as a protective layer to stop the metal from coming into contact with the non-black latex. It must be kept on at all times (except when wearing).
- When storing, the garment must be hung upright on a non-metal hanger at all times and stored in a dark closet space to avoid natural light. It is advisable to use the garment bag provided.
- Latex is 100% waterproof and is strictly hand wash only. Wash in fairy liquid and lukewarm water. Pat dry.
- Please ensure you use either perfume-free talcum powder or water-based lubrication as a dressing aid as well as to avoid rips.